Full Job Description
This position supports the Director, Assistant Director, as well as staff in the Planning & Regional Development Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of confidential secretarial and administrative duties including, but not limited to: managing and updating the Director’s calendar using Outlook; screening, referring, and handling internal and external inquiries; reviewing, and editing correspondence for the Director’s signature; managing and maintaining the Director’s filing and follow-up systems; Coordinating business travel, and processing trip authorizations and expense documents; Wage works/Transitchek Coordinator; preparing authorization forms and memos; Performing timekeeping and petty cash functions utilizing PeopleSoft; processing invoices and service entries in SAP and AVM; screening and directing telephone calls and mail; prepares and updates material for monthly board meetings; ordering office and computer supplies and maintaining supply inventory; performing special assignments as required.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent credits from an accredited technical school; 4 years of progressively responsible experience will satisfy the education requirement
- Minimum two years’ experience as an Executive Secretary or Administrative Assistant
- Extensive Knowledge of Port Authority organizational structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent administrative skills (including thorough follow-up procedures
- Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft, SAP and SAP Travel Management Module
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Thorough knowledge of PA administrative and timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to initiate activities and projects with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with internal and external staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to write, proofread, and edit correspondence for executive management’s signature
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of PA records maintenance and retention practices
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency’s network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.