We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Embryologist I.
In this role, the successful candidate under direct supervision, responsible for performing basic clinical laboratory techniques in the IVF laboratory involving in vitro fertilization, gamete handling, insemination and laboratory quality control. Detail oriented data entry and functionality with laboratory software is a must. Team oriented workflow.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Documents all aspects of laboratory procedure in the appropriate written and computerized transcription formats (includes data involving clinical embryology and andrology procedures, laboratory equipment monitoring, media and supply testing and egg, embryo and sperm cryostorage). Ability to accurately enter data into and retrieve data from a predetermined database and medical record. Requires familiarity with PC based programs i.e. Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Basic Procedures Under the direct supervision of senior staff and management, assist with the collection and preparation of oocytes for insemination (involves oocyte microscopic identification, cleaning, distribution in dishes and insemination). Analysis and preparation of sperm specimen for insemination or for ICSI – intracytoplasmic sperm injection (includes analysis and processing of fresh and cryopreserved semen specimens as well as the processing of fresh and cryopreserved specimens). Assessment of fertilization and zygote quality following insemination. Daily assessment/grading and handling of embryos through Day 6 of in vitro culture.
- Basic Procedures – Under the direct supervision of senior staff and management, assist with the set up for cryopreservation and thawing of embryos at varying stages of development (includes subsequent culture and assessment of thawed embryos). Performs ancillary procedures required to control for and improve the quality of services provided by the laboratory (include the preparation and labeling of media and tissue culture materials, media and supply testing, equipment monitoring).
- Quality Control – Monitors equipment reagents, media, and work environment by following QC procedures. Disposes of sharps and needles in designated hazard containers. Reports malfunctions to senior personnel promptly. Follows departmental procedures and instructions. Performs all tests utilizing universal precautions for bloodborne pathogens and in accordance with procedures developed by the Program management.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field with demonstrated laboratory knowledge. Excellent written and spoken communication skills with ability to interact appropriately with patients, physicians, nursing staff and co-workers. Ability to work as part of a team is a must. Must be able to lift up to 25lbs in weight for stocking and inventory responsibilities.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
>>>>> www.apdin.com <<<<<
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Europe, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.