FCC Construction is relatively new in Australia, ,with an existing footprint in over 20 countries and 120 years’ experience internationally, we are not new to the industry.
Our activities span all areas of engineering and construction – we are a leader in implementing civil works and transport infrastructure (roads, railways, airports, hydraulic and marine works, tunnels, bridges), residential and non-residential buildings (hospitals, football stadiums, museums, offices).
Currently FCC Construccion are the fourth largest construction company in Spain, and in the top 40 construction companies globally. To learn more about FCC Construction
We have recently been shortlisted for a mega project tender – the Sydney Metro, Western Sydney Airport Stations, Systems, Trains, Operations and Maintenance Project. As such, we require an Electrical Estimator to join our team.
As Electrical Estimator, you will have direct responsibility for Estimation of the Electrical building services systems including HV and LV distribution, power and lighting, emergency lighting, UPS, CBS and other electrical systems.
• Study tender documents including drawings, project specification, BOQ, scope of work, contract details and conditions.
• Preparing tender study reports by analysing the scope of work.
• Study tender BOQ, quantities take off, sending enquiries to subcontractors for competitive quotations.
• Implement tender strategy as communicated by proposals / estimation manager.
• Liaise with construction / operations team to establish execution / method statements and reflect the same in estimation.
• Establish direct cost resources required to execute various activities.
• Prepare man hour calculations for various activities.
• Preparing technical clarifications to client for discrepancies in tender documents after reviewing. Incorporating the changes after response.
• Participate in pre- tender meetings, site visits and preparing site visit report to analyze the project scope of work.
• Analyze vendor technical offers and commercial as well in view of project specifications and standards.
• Preparing comparative statements to analyze and select the most appropriate vendors and subcontractors.
• Prepare vendors cost comparative study reports and recommendations.
• Preparing required bid documents includes commercial and technical submittals.
• Collect all vendors’ technical data sheets, vendor’s specification, drawings and compile in line with tender documents to prepare technical bid submission.
• Preparing coordinating post tender technical clarifications and commercial as well.
• Coordinating with vendor post tender clarification to technical qualifications.
• Assist the management for post tender commercial negotiations with client and vendors as well to reach competitive pricing.
In addition to being fluent in English and Spanish, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years post graduate estimation experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully bid and delivered projects
Additional requirements and competencies:
- Detailed engineering knowledge of HV and services for major Metro or railway projects.
- Maintain, develop and retain the highest appropriate standard of technical skill.
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets and planning tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English – both orally and in writing.
- Awareness of the suppliers and subcontractors in the market.
- Well developed computer skills, particularly spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to read, understand and interrogate drawings and specifications.
- Ability to compile data and prepare reports.
- Awareness of quantity surveying standards and requirements.
- Awareness of contract forms and their requirements.
- A proactive and engaging personality who works well in a team environment
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.