Full Job Description
Editorial Assistant – Viking Books for Young Readers & Philomel Books
Viking Children’s Books and Philomel Books are seeking an Editorial Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will report to the Associate Publisher of Philomel and a Senior Editor at Viking. You will provide administrative support and help with daily editorial activities for board books, picture books, chapter books, middle grade, and YA books—including graphic novels—while communicating with authors, agents, and different departments within the division. You will also function as the hub of the Philomel imprint, managing departmental documents, schedules, spreadsheets, and other assorted administrative tasks.
Viking and Philomel are the homes to many award-winning and New York Times bestselling books, including those by Chelsea Clinton, Sonia Sotomayor, Kamala Harris, Gavin Newsom, Mayim Bialik, and Ruta Sepetys. In this role you’ll be able to have your fingerprints on books that empower and inspire young readers and open their eyes to different experiences and different points of view. We’re a close-knit, small team and so thrilled to add someone new to our group.
Assist in all processes of book production from acquisition to publication, including writing reader reports, attending editorial meetings, preparing acquisitions paperwork, drafting book copy, and offering creative input on manuscripts
- Perform administrative tasks such as maintaining schedules, spreadsheets, and files, mailing packages, completing forms, ordering books for the editors and authors, working on launch presentations, etc.
- Interface with Library of Congress and submit copyright notices
- Conduct research for special projects including, but not limited to, photo research, market research, and illustrator research
- Act as a liaison between authors, agents, and different departments within the company
- Maintain Philomel imprint social media presence
Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize workload
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
- Ability to work independently, manage time, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in collaborative environment
- Ability to brainstorm and think creatively
- Eagerness to learn/ability to adapt to new processes and systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Instagram, and Twitter
- Previous editorial experience preferred
- A demonstrated interest or prior knowledge of children’s literature and/or children’s education and entertainment
The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter who is both creative and detail-oriented and can juggle multiple priorities. An enthusiasm for and knowledge of children’s books is essential. Must be a strong writer and critical thinker who enjoys working on a wide range of projects.
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.