Desk Supervisor, Customer Contact Center
Full Job Description
Authority: TA/OA Department: Chief Customer Officer Division: Customer Services Reports To: Senior Manager, Call Center Operations Work Location: 2 Broadway, Manhattan Hours of Work: Various as required We’re building a team of energetic front-line employees to reimagine the customer experience for the more than 8 million people that we move each day. If you get excited about making sure our customer’s needs and expectations are satisfied – this role may be for you. TA CANDIDATES MUST BE PERMANENT CIVIL SERVICE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED OR BE ON AN ESTABLISHED LIST OR HAVE PASSED A CORRESPONDING EXAMINATION.
Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist 1 (OA) $55,011 – $71,075 Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist 2 (OA) $61,925 – $80,323 Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist 1 (TA) $57,653 – $74,489 Associate Transit Customer Service Specialist 2 (TA) $75,719 – $94,343
The desk supervisor works in the New York City Transit Customer Contact Center, which handles more than 1 million calls annually regarding transit travel, reduced fare, commendations, complaints and MetroCard information via 511 telephone and in-system Help Point intercoms. The desk supervisor is the unit’s quality control coordinator, responsible for collecting test calls data from the nine supervisors and preparing management reports analyzing test call for quality and customer courtesy. This supervisor will also investigate customer complaints and recommend corrective actions. They are responsible for creating agent content for on-screen guidance to support a first call resolution strategy.
Education and Experience
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and two (2) years of satisfactory, full-time experience in a customer service or public information capacity; or 2. An Associate’s degree from an accredited college and three (3) years of satisfactory, full time experience in a customer service or public information capacity; or 3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and four (4) years of satisfactory, full time experience in a customer service or public information capacity; or 4. Education and/or experience equivalent to “1”, “2”, or “3” above.
- Strong experience with call center work force management software and call management information systems. ·
- Knowledge of automated systems to monitor agent performance and SLA’s.
- Strong customer service and communications background.
- Knowledge of MTA subway and bus service.
- Experience using social media in a business or professional work environment.
- Ability to multi-task several projects and deliver favorable results under pressure.
- Recognized problem-solving skills to analyze performance data and develop strategies to achieve operational goals.
- Aptitude towards learning and mastering multiple inter-agency systems and applications.
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office Suite, mainly Excel and Access, for generating reports.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience and interview.
As an employee of MTA-NYC Transit, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $101,379 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.