Full Job Description
- Requisition no: 521358
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Pediatrics
- Grade: Grade 103
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Data Analyst to fill a Full Time position in the Division of Cardiology. Columbia University Medical Center’s Department of Pediatrics is a world leader in providing care for children. Our mission areas include Healthcare, Education and Research. We offer care for our patients in over 25 specialty areas as well as individualized care for complex cases. Our Residency, Fellowship and Graduate programs are among the best in the Nation. Our Clinical, Translational and Basic Science research features collaborations across specialties and stretches from the bench to bedside. We also have several active Clinical trials available to our patients. The position is responsible for collaborating with Principal Investigator (PI) and other team members to link and analyze large registry and claims data. For this Full Time position, we seek a person with strong data analytic and communication skills to join our team in the assessment of national claims data, clinical registry data, and electronic health records (EHR), to evaluate drivers of outcomes, value, and health inequities for children with congenital heart disease.
- Working directly with the PI and team to design and implement new projects and to make sure analyses are useful, accurate, and clearly communicated.
- Merging, cleaning, documenting, and managing administrative and clinical registry-based datasets.
- Analyzing data quality and integrity; identifying and solving data quality problems;
- Coding and creating new variables; preparing analysis files; producing statistical summaries, charts and tables; and communicating results.
- Participate in developing research designs, analytic plans, and communicating results
- Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data
- Import and clean raw datasets and evaluate data quality
- Perform statistical analyses according to the study design (e.g., hierarchical modeling, survival analyses, weighted analyses, difference-in-difference, simulation, etc.)
- Accurately and appropriately interpret and communicate results
- Detect and address issues in data and analytic results
- Clearly communicate processes used and results achieved, and suggest new and alternative approaches
- Assist in writing and editing manuscripts for publication
- Cultivate deep familiarity with methodological approaches and data
- Participate in designing applied research and conducting related analyses
- Any other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience required, plus 2 years of related experience.
- Master’s degree in statistics, economic, statistics, public health, data science, or a related quantitative area preferred.
- We are looking for a person with experience and graduate training related to health care delivery, public health, and/or the financing of the United States health system.
- The ideal candidate will have had some experience working with health administrating/insurance claims data and/or electronic health records.
- Prior experience with the Department of Health or other training with large data will be viewed favorably.
- While the position requires technical skills, we are particularly looking for a person passionate about making the health system work more efficiently and effectively for children and in growing as a member of our team.
- Desire to learn and to join a team aimed at improving quality and value of care for children with complex chronic conditions is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and a desire to grow as a member of the team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex research and analyses
- Strong analytic, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency in STATA, SAS, R, or other statistical programs
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.