An opportunity has arisen to join YMCA Dialogue in our West Sussex Community Counselling project to offer assessments & counselling to children & young people within the newly commissioned ‘blended’ tier 2 Counselling Service for young people aged 11-18 with mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
The role represents the operational face of the service in community settings and the post holder will be required to support children and young people within the emotional well-being pathway.
You will be required to work within the framework of an 8-session model, and carry out individual assessments, offer face-to-face counselling or online counselling and group work to children & young people. You will work with the project administrator and counselling coordinator to assist in the Triage and duty call process.
You must be a qualified counsellor, who is experienced in working with children and young people, have 2 years post qualifying experience. You will need to be BACP Registered/Accredited or registered with another recognised professional body (e.g. HPC, UKCP).
- Experience in delivering face to face counselling and carrying out of assessments with young people to include working with high risk and complex issues.
- More than 2 years post-qualified at graduate or post graduate level Counselling Diploma or equivalent [of two years minimum duration including personal counselling or psychotherapy.
- BACP Registration or Accreditation and/or eligible for other Professional Accreditation e.g. UKCP/HPC.
- Computer literate & able to use standard software e.g. Word, Excel & Outlook to facilitate working practices
- Experience of using electronic database for case management notes and administrative tasks to include monitoring & evaluation
- Experience of managing risk with effective communication around safeguarding procedures.
- Driving licence and access to a car for business use
The position comes with excellent benefits, including a generous annual leave package, a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.