Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer provides Provision of high-level advice and assistance to the CEO and Executive team in setting the overall financial strategy and direction of IBA, and in relation to key business and strategic initiatives.
Indigenous Business Australia partners and invests with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who want to own their future. We go further than provide money; we invest in people, places and ideas that are ready. We help make them real. We’re deeply invested in the financial success and economic independence of Indigenous Australians. It’s why we exist.
We provide a range of services for Indigenous Australians to create wealth and accumulate assets, take up investment opportunities, create business enterprises that provide additional employment, opportunities, and to purchase homes. We achieve these outcomes by applying a commercial focus, and by building mutually respectful and productive partnerships with Indigenous Australians, government, non-government and private sector organisations.
Our staff are invested, informed, responsive, respected and connected.
The Chief Financial Officer provides Provision of high-level advice and assistance to the CEO and Executive team in setting the overall financial strategy and direction of IBA, and in relation to key business and strategic initiatives. The role is ultimately responsible for all financial activities at IBA.
- Lead team of professional staff delivering accounting and financial services across IBA
- Closely partner with the Chief Executive Officer to scale-up and grow the organisation
- Own finance strategy and lead finance initiatives to progress the overall strategic vision
- Maintain key relationships with the ATO, Department of Finance, ASIC and ANAO and other government agencies
- Develop and implement management accounts and analysis to support IBA’s business units and enabling areas
- Development and maintenance of Management Information Systems
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to optimise each business’s sustainability and future profitability
- Developing and mentoring staff, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander finance professionals, and increasing the level of Indigenous participation in IBA’s finance team.
- CPA or CA Qualified
- Strategic finance experience including balance sheet management, treasury and strategic capital planning.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting strategic initiatives.
- Extensive experience preparing, interpreting, and analysing complex annual financial statements and periodic financial reports and providing advice to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated achievement of leading a high performing team, encouraging new ideas, building trust, and providing support for the development of emerging skills.
- Experience leading continuous business improvements to deliver efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate openly and effectively and to build strong professional relationships with staff, stakeholders and clients at all levels and across boundaries together with superior interpersonal, presentation, and influencing skills.
- Understanding of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and the issues and opportunities of working with Indigenous communities in Australia.
- Experience leading teams in multiple geographic locations would be advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to growing the economic independence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. This role is looking for someone who wants to make their mark and grow with the business. It is highly autonomous with location negotiable (any capital city, except Hobart). It is a three-year fixed term contract which includes:
- An attractive remuneration package with an option of 15.4% superannuation + salary packaging through IBA’s PBI status.
- 4 weeks Annual Leave, with half pay Annual Leave available.
- 18 days cumulative personal/carer’s leave.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.