Case Manager Housing
Full Job Description
Job Summary: To provide Selfhelp Active Services for Aging Model (SHASAM) services and supports appropriate for different stages in the aging process, made available to residents, if and when chosen and requested, throughout their tenancy in Selfhelp Housing. Meet client needs for supporting housing stability and reducing social isolation through an array of case management services.
1. Promote and coordinate activities of department to meet identified needs of residents.
2. Provide case management services to clients, including intake, contact with collateral, crisis intervention, ongoing advocacy and if necessary, in home assessments of client situations.
3. Provide client information and referral, counseling, educational, recreational, and nutritional assistance to residents through group and one-on one contact.
4. Interpret needs, programs, and services to agencies, groups, and individuals involved to acquire additional resources.
5. Compile statistics, prepare reports and other documentation, and disseminate information when necessary.
6. Maintain contact with representatives of other organizations to exchange and update information on resources and services available and to interpret needs programs, and services.
7. Direct and coordinate activities of volunteers and/or student interns.
8. Attend regular supervision staff meetings and trainings as assigned by Director.
9. Maintain professional case records for Director’s review.
10. Work with other housing staff on events, projects, coverage and enhanced activities.
11. Facilitate monthly meetings with tenants to go over building/community issues and any other updates.
12. Work with various committees/sub- committees that might be created for special projects.
13. Perform other duties as needed or requested.
Selfhelp complies with all Federal, State and Local laws in regards to wages.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Social Work or related field.
- Bilingual Spanish or Haitian creole a plus.
- One year related experience and/or training preferred.
- Experience and passion working with older adults is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of how clients’ well-being is dependent on social determinants of health is preferred
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.