Position Description: The Care Coordinator provides administrative and technical support to the Clinical Supervisor and team members. Responsible for the operational aspects of the referral and authorization process. Coordinates authorized services with appropriate agencies. Communicates with Members on a regular basis and collaborates with team members to support Members’ needs.
This position reports to our headquarters in Syracuse, NY.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Responsible for accurate review and entry of authorization data into computerized database. Manages expiring authorization reports.
- Assists case management with scheduling and coordination of patient services, as directed by the team. Meets regularly with clinical team and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Acts as a resource to Care Managers, assists with scheduling and tracking of Member contacts, visits & UAS.
- Manages various reports within EHR as directed.
- Answers phone for team, triaging calls, answering questions and escalating as appropriate.
- Performs clerical duties, such as filing, typing, copying, faxing, and taking messages, as directed by supervisor
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma. Associates degree preferred in related field.
- 2 or more years’ experience in the healthcare industry or a degree as Medical Assistant.
- Strong computer literacy and comfort, ability and desire to advance technically and understand industry standards.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to identify potential issues and participate in their resolution.
- Proficiency with computer systems, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and various software applications.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and collaboratively with ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Demonstrates discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Speaking/visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend and express written/verbal communication.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking
- Extended periods of computer use
- Pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 40 pounds
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Salary with:
- 401K with generous Employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- On-Site Employee Fitness Center and Gym Membership
- Partially funded HSA
- Paid Time Off and Extended Sick Leave
- Short/Long term Disability
- Exceptional work/life balance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Much More!
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.