Cardiac Perfusionist – Trainee
What’s on offer?
Fixed Term Temporary Full-time position up to three (3) years.
Remuneration package of up to $116,094 p.a., comprising base salary range of $69,228 – $101,751 p.a. (HP3), recreational leave loading (17.5%), and employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%).
Working with Townsville HHS
We are committed to providing a wide range of rewarding career opportunities to our employees. Our health service offers generous remuneration packages and a variety of additional employment benefits which include salary sacrificing options, shift allowances, locality allowances, professional development assistance, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs and the employee assistance program.
About the role
- Participate with support from senior staff in the delivery of specialised clinical services within adult cardiac perfusion and the TUH teams under clinical supervision of a senior Perfusionist in accordance with the Australia and New Zealand College of Perfusion (ANZCP) and international best practice (ICEBP – International Consortium of Evidence Based Perfusion).
- Identify and assessing each patient prior to cardiac bypass surgery under supervision of senior staff.
- Apply specialist assessment under the guidance of senior colleagues to determine the most appropriate equipment and consumables as well as fluids including blood products and specialist drugs for each patient. Training with senior staff to learn to apply high level specialist expertise in the clinical practice of adult cardiac bypass.
- Learn to apply professional judgement to each patient’s complexity and requirements in the area of adult cardiac perfusion in consultation with senior staff.
- The successful applicant must possess a relevant tertiary Science degree, be eligible to enrol in the post graduate certificate or Masters in Cardiovascular Perfusion via the Australasian Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) and be eligible for membership with The Australia and New Zealand College of Perfusion (ANZCP).
- Evidence of post graduate research work leading to a higher degree in Science would be favourably considered.
- This position requires you to participate in an on-call roster.
For additional information regarding the responsibilities and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
About the location
Townsville is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville offers the perfect laid-back coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of big city living. It is a great place for families, couples and individuals to call home.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.