PwC Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resources and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including Financial Crime Operations, Compliance Operations, and Customer Management. We have almost 1,600 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
About the role
We’re looking for experienced Business Analysts who will help us deliver best in class projects across our business and to our clients. We are particularly keen to attract people with BA experience from multiple sectors such as Financial services, Technology, IT, Construction and Manufacturing.
As a Business Analyst your role will be to act as a key interface between the technical project team and user communities. You will be responsible for articulating problems and processes in ways understood by all stakeholders – both business and technical. Our projects and programmes are predominantly within the financial services sector delivering transformation and change. Working on these projects will be a mix of client site and delivery from the PwC Centre of Excellence based in Belfast, our team members work with local, national and international clients for the duration of engagements.
The responsibilities of each role will vary depending on client needs but will include:
- Meeting with stakeholders to understand and review business objectives and project requirements
- Analyse, cleanse and visualise data to identify trends and make decisions
- Documenting the current ‘As Is’ using process maps and presenting back to stakeholders
- Considering business requirements against the current processes and assisting in the development and / or implementation of requirements utilising analysis techniques
- Facilitating workshops to achieve focused outcomes and joint understanding of user needs
- Attending weekly project meetings
- Formally documenting functions and processes using Microsoft Office tools (including Visio) and/or Google suite
- Supporting with the production of Management Information and presenting this back to clients
- Support user acceptance testing (UAT) by creating test cases and acceptance criteria, and supporting issue/defect management
- Working with project managers and PMO managers to deliver projects and programmes to plan
- Working on multiple small projects and/or leading on a workstream of a complex project, applying standards, methodologies and tools
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand business challenges and articulate in a way that is easily consumable by stakeholders at all levels
- Understand the different perspectives of multiple stakeholders whilst being comfortable to challenge where appropriate
- Involved in process improvements, looking for areas of improvement and making recommendations for improvement to senior stakeholders
Skills and Experience Required
We’re looking for candidates who have varying levels of Business Analysis experience that can effectively and efficiently manage the definition, analysis, delivery and maintenance of business, project and system requirements.
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst within complex project environments
- Good technical understanding of Business Analysis frameworks, value cycles, business processes, business requirements and UAT methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Visio and/ or Google suite
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and ability to integrate well into a team and build effective relationships
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances, and recommend proposals to clients
- Proven analytical and sceptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Any relevant professional qualifications such as BCS Business Analysis
- Previous experience of working within financial services or a regulatory environment
You will be based in Belfast or Cardiff, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
What’s in it for you?
The role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We’re also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.