Full Job Description
The College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical liberal arts college with approximately 1,500 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York City. Our beautiful 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills overlooking the Hudson River is just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan.
Responsible for the preparation of class schedules, classroom assignments, and examination scheduling for the Mount Saint Vincent Community. The Assistant Registrar will also be responsible for conformity with policies established by the college and the New York State Education Department and for such documents, reports, records as may be required by the Registrar, as well as for maintaining student data systems.
To qualify for the Assistant Registrar, the person must be able to complete each assign duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the person’s knowledge and skills.
- Experience in higher education (Cross-trained with Financial Aid, Student Account and Registrar)
- Experience with class scheduling, classroom scheduling and examination scheduling
- Familiar with Banner / Ellucian or comparable systems
- Working knowledge of Windows, MS Word and Excel, or similar applications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Possesses strong technological and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Able to work cordially with students, faculty and staff
- Team player, self-motivated, problem solver, solution seeker
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares class, classroom, and examination scheduling and its related functions
- Processes and produces official transcripts
- Assists with registration and its related function
- Maintains student’s attendance
- Supervises student aides in Registrar’s Office
- Corrects “Xerox” related problems
- Assists with the freshman scheduling
- Provides students with verification of attendance/enrollment for the semester
- Assists with daily transaction as needed
- Assists with phone calls and in person traffic
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Registrar
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Three or more years of related in higher education experience
All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process. Applicants must include a letter of application, resume and contact information for at least three references. Please send all application materials by email to [email protected]
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.