This position is located in the Security Council Subsidiary Organs Branch (SCSOB) of the Security Council Affairs Division (SCAD), Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs, United Nations, New York. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of SCSOB and under the direct supervision of a Political Affairs Officer, the Administrative Assistant will report directly to a Political Affairs Officer and support the Analytical Support and Sanctions Monitoring Team pursuant to resolutions 1526 (2004) and 2253 (2015) concerning ISIL (Da’esh), Al-Qaida and the Taliban and associated individuals and entities (hereafter “the Monitoring Team”). SCSOB provides support to subsidiary bodies established by the Security Council, particularly sanctions committees and groups/panels of experts who assist them in overseeing sanctions regimes.ResponsibilitiesWithin delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Produces daily and weekly programme of the Security Council and/or its subsidiary bodies prepared by senior staff for distribution.
- Prepares and organizes sets of official documentation in the document booth, in the six official languages, for distribution in the conference room.
- Informs relevant offices/persons of changes in the daily programme of the Security Council and/or its subsidiary bodies.
- Ensures the distribution of procedural notes for the chairpersons of the Security Council and/or its subsidiary bodies.
- Assists in the preparation of the preliminary list and annotation of agenda items, the list of participants, and daily material concerning the proceeding of the Security Council and/or its subsidiary bodies.
- Undertakes research and provides reference materials for preparation of briefs, notes and statements for the Security Council and/or its subsidiary bodies.
- Maintains an accurate record of speakers and/or an attendance record and coordinate with the Secretariat, verbatim reporters and delegations on their position on the list of speakers.
- Ensures that reports of the Security Council and/or its subsidiary bodies meet the UN document standards and coordinates with the documents control office for reproduction of reports.
- Prepares floor plan of seating arrangements in accordance with meeting requirements and UN protocol.
- Prepares monthly statistics on meetings held at headquarters and offices away from headquarters.
•Drafts routine correspondence for signature. •Makes arrangements for and coordinate video and teleconference activities at headquarters.
- Maintains filing and reference system of procedures and reference materials for the Security Council and/or its subsidiary bodies.
- Responds to queries from delegations and the Secretariat.
- Replaces, as needed, senior staff responsible for room reservations and the electronic distribution of the daily programme of meetings.
- Provides guidance/training, as needed, to temporary assistants and junior staff.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties, such as attendance/leave recording, processes related to experts’ salaries, office supply and equipment orders, travel requests, travel expense reports, vouchers, visa applications, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.