Full Job Description
Hofstra University’s Office of the Provost is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide high level administrative support and coordination to ensure the efficient operation of the office.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Provost, the Administrative Assistant supports the Provost’s office and works closely with the Provost, Senior Vice Provost, and Executive Assistant to the Provost to help achieve goals and objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides high level administrative support to the Senior Vice Provost including managing projects, maintaining calendar appointments, preparing meeting materials, and dealing with confidential faculty, student, and staff issues.
- Helps maintain the Provost’s calendar, coordinate meetings and arrange venues.
- Monitors/manages the Provost’s general email account.
- Handles/routes in-coming telephone calls and mail to the Provost and other office personnel.
- Handles routine and non-routine communication with all constituents on campus.
- Uses sound judgment to respond to inquiries as they are received to ensure each inquiry is addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Manages all travel arrangements for faculty candidates and VIP guests.
- Provides prompt, efficient services to students, faculty and administration across the University.
- Responsible for hiring, training and general supervision of Student Aides, in coordination with the Senior Support Specialist.
- Assists in the planning of lectures, presentations and other faculty events.
- Assists in maintaining office files, including the essential project of digitizing and indexing Provost office files.
- Interacts with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and visitors at all levels within Hofstra University and act as liaison to forge productive working partnerships with colleagues to enhance the contributions of the office.
- Other special duties and projects, as assigned.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Some overtime may be necessary
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience providing similar level administrative support.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and self-motivated.
- Proven ability to take initiative, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and exercise good judgment and discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven excellent typing and computer skills with demonstrated proficiency In Microsoft Word (mail merge and tables), Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner and Blackboard.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.