Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University. BSA salutes our veterans and active military members with careers that leverage the skills and unique experience they gained while serving our country. Our organization fully supports service members transitioning from active duty to civilian life and pledge’s our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service may meet educational requirements and are encouraged to apply for job opportunities at BSA.
The Environmental & Climate Sciences Department at Brookhaven National Laboratory focuses on a wide range of theoretical, experimental, and field studies in support of the U.S. Department of Energy’s climate and energy research agendas. Work is supported by the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) User Facility , an observations-based program that measures aerosols, clouds, precipitation, radiation, and atmospheric dynamics; the Atmospheric Systems Research Program , and the Environmental System Science Program . This work is pursued with the ultimate goal of improving predictability and reducing the uncertainty in global and regional climate models. The department research portfolio also includes development of environmental technologies and applications for renewable energies, urban science, and national security.
Under minimum supervision, perform highly complex and diverse administrative functions in support of the Environmental and Climate Sciences Department (ECSD) staff. The ideal candidate will be a fully engaged self-starter, able to work independently while managing evolving and often simultaneously competing tasks and priorities with minimal supervision and a high level of professionalism, discretion, and initiative. As an integral member of the department, the incumbent must be a team player, liaison to business and operations divisions, and a knowledgeable resource to the members of the Department. Solution-oriented critical thinker will be organized and possess sound judgment and decision-making skills and be able to work in a diverse environment. This position has a high level of interaction with an international and multicultural scientific community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Procurement Liaison to oversee the processing of requisitions throughout the lifecycle, and assist in the preparation of documentation and managing subcontract and service contracts.
- Serve as Proposal Liaison, reading proposal calls and assisting PI’s with proper formatting and coordinaton of proposal material; route proposals for internal review and approval; and act as the liaison between ECSD staff and the Proposal Center.
- Serve as the Guest Information System (GIS) Administrator, registering guests, assisting Hosts with ensuring guests are properly onboarded; tracking the Department’s guest appointments and coordinating extensions when necessary.
- Handle HR related matters associated with hiring, managing term appointments, administering and approving Pay Contracts for collaborators and consultants.
- Lend support as needed for the processing of domestic and foreign travel authorizations and expense reports, purchasing, publications, and seminars.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- At least (8) eight years of experience in substantive and relevant administrative work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business field with relative coursework may offset qualifying experience on a basis of 2:1 (experience:college) years.
- Skills and abilities must include: Time management and multi-tasking; organization and planning; verbal and written communication; information gathering and monitoring; problem analysis and problem-solving; judgment and decision-making ability, initiative, and confidentiality.
- Computing Proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft HR/Financials or similar HRIS/Financial Management systems, and electronic processes.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and organized, taking ownership of all assigned work.
- Applies independent judgment that demonstrates the ability to prioritize and effectively deal with deadlines.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working within a Scientific environment
- Experience coordinating research proposal reviews
- Experience assisting with talent acquisition activities such as processing requisitions
- Experience processing travel and expense reports
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball)
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
>>>>> For More Jobs – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Blog for Job Seekers – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Post Job Vacancy Free – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Play Funny Quiz Online – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Play Games Online Free – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Chat and meet New Friends – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Read Today News Live – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Read Today Horoscope – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Download our Apps – Click Here <<<<<
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.
Leave a Reply