Title: Account Representative Location: Upper East Side Org Unit: Billing Work Days: Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Under direct supervision, processes payments, researches accounts and performs data entry and other related billing activities
- Composes and maintains billing and/or billing compliance associated correspondence. Determines proper account resolution and/or adjustment as needed.
- Performs charge entry and/or payment posting within the practice management billing system as needed. Tracks and resolves issues on denied claims. Resubmits or appeals claims as required. Escalates more complex claim issues when necessary.
- Obtains, reviews and updates patient demographic and insurance information within the practice management billing system.
- Scans all relevant documentation into patients’ eMR record.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
Approximately 1 year of physician billing, accounts receivable or collection experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of third party reimbursement.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Standard office work
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that’s committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side’s scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine’s powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients – the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.