Urban Parks Team Member
Your new company
The Parks Branch is an innovative customer centric leader in park services for the community
Your new role
Based at one of Council’s Depots, the position will form part of a work team applying highly developed skills in maintenance and functions for the establishment of parks, road landscape, and other recreational areas to meet with the expectations of the community. You will be responsible for completing horticultural activities including:
- Turf Management
- Landscape Maintenance – mulching, grafting, pruning, planting
- Inspect parks and raise customer requests for graffiti, vandalism, broken or faulty park facilities, dangerous or damaged trees and other issues that need rectifying and/or report these issues to Team Leader/Supervisor
- Inspect and clean park and associated equipment eg service barbecues, remove rubbish, rake and sweep paths and playground area. Check playground surround and parks for sharps and other debris to ensure public safety.
- On a seasonal basis undertake fertilising activities, pruning, planting, mulching, and carry out minor maintenance on irrigation system.
- Prepare and apply pesticide, herbicide and fungicide formulations in a safe manner.
- Regular irrigation maintenance checks and repairs
What you’ll need to succeed
- Extensive experience in horticultural maintenance and practices or equivalent including landscaping, pruning, grafting, and propagating.
- Possession of Certificate II Horticulture or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated ability to safely and competently operate plant and equipment associated with the position.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including the ability to function effectively within a team and interact with clients and contractors of Council.
- Organisational ability including the ability to plan and prioritise own work.
- Hold MR Drivers licence
- General Safety Induction (Construction) Industry Ticket.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.