At TAFE Gippsland, our teachers are selected for not only their skills and knowledge but their genuine passion for their chosen industry. Gippsland’s local TAFE is currently recruiting for a passionate, enthusiastic and motivated industry expert to join our Building teaching team.
For over 85 years, TAFE Gippsland has been supporting Gippsland communities to thrive by empowering local students and enabling local businesses through the provision of high quality vocational education. TAFE Gippsland is located in the idyllic regional setting of Gippsland in eastern Victoria, with campuses from Warragul to Lakes Entrance.
About the role
Based at our Yallourn Campus, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced industry expert to join the TAFE Gippsland Building Teaching team in the delivery of a range of Carpentry courses to our VET Delivered to Secondary Students (VETDSS) and pre-apprentices. The successful applicant will have the ability to train students to the high standard required in order for them to be successful in industry.
The role of the Teacher covers a variety of responsibilities and activities within the sector, including:
- classroom based teaching;
- teaching via video conferencing;
- practical skills training in simulated workplace environments;
- engaging with students and their employers in the workplace;
- supporting students and employers with their workforce and career development needs;
- showcasing careers and associated education pathways to community, schools and industry.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116) is preferred.
- Appropriate Industry qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Building and Trades
- Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of industry specific skills
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Valid Working with Children Check (WWCC);
- Current (less than 12 months old, and renewable every 5 years) satisfactory National Police Check.
TAFE Gippsland can offer you:
- Benefits and conditions under the Victorian TAFE Teachers Multi Enterprise Agreement
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Family friendly and Child Safe organisation
- An opportunity to diversify in an industry you love
How to Apply:
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below to be redirected to TAFE Gippsland’s website. Applications must be submitted online and include a current CV and address the Key Selection Criteria. No late or hard copy applications will be accepted.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.