Stores and Logistics Supervisor
POSITION: Senior Shipping Administrator
REPORTING TO: Spares Operations Manager
- A senior position within the export and import administration department for the day to day management of the company’s spares logistic operations. Responsibilities for all aspects associated with the movement of spare part goods, packing, freight forwarding, import/export documentation,customs formalities, invoicing and documentary credits.
- To identify and drive improvements to simplify logistics processes and ensure external services,principally packing and freight, is sourced cost effectively, whilst ensuring a high quality reliable service.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
-Personally manage the day to day logistics associated with spare parts to ensure timely and
cost effective road, sea and air freight delivery of customer orders.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with suppliers on a daily basis for the logistic
management of spare parts and contracts.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with customers for all aspects of contract
- Manage / improve internal logistics systems and procedures to improve efficiency, whilst
ensuring compliance with import and export customs formalities.
- Manage suppliers for packing and freight forwarding
- Ensure timely submission of Intrastat returns.
- Actively and proactively contribute to the development of the department and organisation,
ensuring effective interaction and communication.
- Fully conversant in export procedures to ensure HMRC compliance in respect of preferential
exports, IPR, Dual use regulations, Incoterms etc.
- Familiarity with foreign import requirements, and organising pre-export third party inspections.
- Principal signatory and point of contact for all dealings with the Chamber of Commerce.
- Ensure customs formalities are met in respect of preference exports and IPR, if and when
- Manage accounts with international couriers for the supply and retrieval of goods from customer
- Ensure workability of issued documentary credits, liaising with spare sales to obtain any
- Responsible for spare sales documentary credit submissions in accordance with UCP600.
- Liaising with customers, agents and shipping lines for the onward disposition of spares.
- Engage third party inspection agencies where necessary as contractually defined or when
required as a foreign country import formality.
- Ensure full compliance with group packing standards
- Ongoing awareness of changes in the external environment to ensure our continued
compliance with import and export formalities.
Conditions Of The Job
Must be prepared to represent the company during meetings and negotiations with suppliers on or
off site, as such a valid driving license is required.
The position is salaried and as such you will be expected when required to work the hours
necessary to complete your duties.
The job give you the option to work from home as well as early finishes on a Friday.They will also offer extensive training for the role.
Please apply for this role if interested!
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.