A unique opportunity has arisen for a permanent position as Skipper of the “Manitoba”, a private, syndicate-owned 20-meter cabin cruiser, based out of Royal Perth Yacht Club Annexe, Fremantle. The position has arisen with the retirement of the current skipper after 22 years of rewarding service.
During the summer schedule the Skipper shall be required to work a flexible 10 days out of every fortnight. As the ship is often used over weekends and on public holidays, the successful candidate must acknowledge that other days shall be taken off as time in lieu. The Skipper will not be expected to work for periods of more than 14 consecutive days, unless specifically agreed to beforehand.
During the winter schedule (mid-April to mid-August) the vessel is based out of Denham and you will be required to live aboard for that period with a mid-winter break (return to Perth). This period involves travelling the Shark Bay area for fishing, diving, surfing and cruising, and a deckhand is provided by the syndicate to assist.
As Skipper, you shall be responsible for the following primary tasks:
- Maintaining the ship, hull, engine room, electrical gear, refrigeration equipment and tenders in first class condition and working order
- Maintaining a daily ship’s log
- Arranging prior to each cruise for the ship to be victualled with water, fuel, ice and bait
- Ensuring the provision of table linen, bed linen, towels, cutlery, crockery and fishing gear
- Regular cleaning of the ship’s decks, main cabin, dining saloon, galley and bathroom
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- AMSA Master certification with commercial (fishing, charter, pleasure) boating experience
- Proven navigation and knowledge of Perth local waters and familiarity with the WA Coast to Exmouth.
- An MED qualification or demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong customer-service type focus
- Clean and tidy with appropriate level of personal presentation and hygiene standards
What’s In it For You?
- Generous remuneration commensurate with experience
- 10% superannuation
- Meals and on-board accommodation
- Necessary insurance covers
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the right applicant
Please submit your resume with a covering letter
Senior Human Resources Manager
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.