Project Controls Manager
The Manager of Project Controls provides functional management, mentoring and leadership to all project control disciplines (Project Control Managers, Planning, Cost Control, Contracts Management, Risk Management and Document Control) for a project management/project controls office (PMO/PCO) for a major Middle East based international general and electrical contractor.
The experienced professional in this role must have a well-respected name in the field of project controls as a thought leader, with strong organizational and interpersonal relationship skills, as the Project Controls organization is a core business function.
The role has an operating reporting line to Managing Director and a functional reporting line to Project Executives
This position will work with and be fully integrated with all business functions to achieved desired results.
- Provides oversight and ensures follow through of corporate and functional strategies and goals.
- Ensures oversight and adherence to all PMO/PCO procedures and processes, with regular audits to ensure compliance against “best tested and proven” standards.
- Provides inputs, guidance and expert advice to project execution plan, baseline and control budgets on key projects.
- Reviews bids, checks estimates, change orders and cost-to-complete estimates for all projects prior to bid.
- Facilitates and conducts daily, weekly and monthly project reviews with relevant levels of management and periodic deep dive reviews of forecasts of major projects, using “best tested and proven” practices, tools and techniques in applied Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Ensures the change control process is executed on all projects.
- Coordinates and reviews the plans and schedules for all (new or existing) projects.
- Provides oversight of execution strategy changes on all projects, with emphasis on identifying potential problems and proactively working to prevent or mitigate negative impacts while exploiting potential improvements.
- Assigns Projects Controls staff to Projects and other internal customers to meet execution demands.
- Provides oversight of on-going staff development and training.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Project Controls or Project Management of which a minimum of 2 years has been in a supervisory or leadership position.
- Minimum of 5 years field experience in the field as a tradesperson, field or site engineer or similar demonstrated knowledge of how field people work.
- Experience in leading project controls functions working for EPCI oil, gas and electrical company.
- Functional experience is required in relevant disciplines such as Project Controls Manager, Cost Control, Panning, Risk Management, and Contracts Management.
- Working knowledge of Scheduling, (i.e. P6) Cost Estimating and ERP Systems (Experience with IFS ERP will be an advantage)
- Solid knowledge of project controls systems within oil & gas industry construction preferably in the GCC
- Ability to work within a matrix organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Certification by one or more of the following organizations: AACE, Guild of Project Controls, RICS, CIOB or Systems Engineering. (PMI’s PMP alone is NOT acceptable for this position)
Job Location Al Ahmadi, Kuwait Company Industry Oil & Gas Company Type Employer (Private Sector) Job Role Engineering Employment Type Full Time Employee Monthly Salary Range Unspecified Number of Vacancies 1
Career Level Management Years of Experience Min: 9 Max: 20 Residence Location Kuwait Gender Male Nationality Bahrain; Iran; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Syria; United Arab Emirates Degree Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.