Full Job Description
Result of Service
1. Full Report with background documents on the Expert Group Meeting on the Participation and Leadership of Persons with Disabilities in Building a Disability-Inclusive, Accessible, and Sustainable Post-COVID-19 World.
2. Report on contributions to the UN Enable gateway website on disability and COVID-19,
including the DESA knowledge management platform on disability and development.
3. Compilation of resources, documentation of communications, and written content for three UNDESA platforms: (a) building an inclusive, accessible, and sustainable post-COVID-19 world, (b) Leave No One Behind, (c) COSP.
4. Compilation of research on disability incorporation into the work of the 76th session of the General Assembly.
5. Documentation of the communications of the COSP Bureau meeting organization, COSP
related documents, including the support for the background notes and other official
6 Contribution to additional tasks as requiredWork Location
The proposed contract will be for a period of 3 months.Duties and Responsibilities
The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and the 2030 Development Agenda for Sustainable Development reaffirm the commitment of the international community to promote the inclusion of disability in internationally agreed-upon development goals. The 2030 Agenda is inclusive of disability and of persons with disabilities as agents of change and beneficiaries of inclusive development. The international community is now operationalizing the 2030 Agenda, which is inclusive, accessible and sustainable for all – including persons with disabilities, in alignment with the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
The Division for Inclusive Social Development (DISD) will undertake a series of activities to promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities with regards to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda in alignment with the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The DISD requires the support of an individual contractor to compile and analyze relevant information on the ongoing：(1) follow up on the issue of “Participation and Leadership of Persons with Disabilities in Building a Disability-Inclusive, Accessible, and Sustainable Post-COVID-19 World” (2) UNDESA knowledge platform on the building of an inclusive, accessible, and sustainable post-COVID-19 world, (3) the overall DESA knowledge management project, including its global platform on disability and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, in line with General Assembly resolutions 74/144 and 75/154; pertaining to updates of the data, statistics, and other relevant information of the UN Flagship Report on Disability and Development, as well as in response to the requirements of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD for its knowledge management; and (4) the support of the work of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD.
Under the guidance of the Chief of the Programme on Disability Section, DISD/DESA, the individual contractor will be required to:
1. Assist with the follow up to the Expert Group Meeting held 3-6 August 2021 on the Participation and Leadership of Persons with Disabilities in Building a Disability-Inclusive, Accessible, and Sustainable Post-COVID-19 World, in particular, help to compile the resultant information for the development of the background report and communication with participating experts as needed.
2. Assist with the design and compilation of system-wide disability and development resources, inter-agency communications, and content development – as needed – to support the overall DESA knowledge management project, including its (a) knowledge platform on building an inclusive, accessible, and sustainable post-COVID-19 world, (b) platform on Leave no one behind disability, intersectionality, and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and (c) response to the requirements of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD for its knowledge management;
3. Assist with the research for preparation of background documents, papers, and other information from the UN system and other stakeholders and assist with communication needs with participants and partners for the COSP in 2022.
4. Provide assistance for the programme’s support to the Bureau of the Conference of State Parties (COSP) to the CRPD;
5. Assist in upgrading the UN Enable website with new information and documents from ongoing research on the DESA website, including for the COSP and the ongoing activities of the Unit.
6. Perform additional tasks as required.Qualifications/special skills
Academic Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in social development, social work, social policy and/or other related areas in social science.
Experience: Excellent research, analytical, writing and communication skills;
Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, in relation to work on disability and other relevant social issues, research and/or programme coordination, either in civil society, government or international organizations. Experience working for the United Nations is preferred.
Capacity to work under pressure and accommodate change with proven skills in delivering
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this job posting, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.Additional Information•Timely and high-quality submissions of outputs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the subject area on disability;
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirements of the tasks;
- Receptive to feedback from staff members;
- Readability of material;
- Comprehensive and high-quality written inputs.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.