ull Job Description
Position Overview: SCOPE OF ROLE:
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Program Specialist works closely with the Housing Specialist, completes No Violence Again (NOVA) Screening forms with clients, and aids in the area of housing and school transfers. The Program Specialist also provides in house childcare as needed and attends field-trips and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with the Housing Specialist to assess individual’s needs regarding housing as well as benefits and identify suitable housing options.
- Develop and maintain liaison with community and intra-agency housing referral services
- When appropriate, visit potential site and any other external activities related to securing housing
- Escort individuals to various housing and social service appointments when necessary
- Ensure PPD and Physical forms are submitted within 2 weeks of an individual’s residency
- Negotiate and assist individuals with complex health and benefit issues and extend social service packages
- Complete No Violence Again (NOVA) Screening Forms.
- Complete the Housing Specialist functions in their absence
- Provides referrals and liaison with schools, day care centers and other organizations as needed.
- Provides child care as well as coverage to the info center, as needed
- Attends field-trips and activities with the children
- Assist with completing and submitting necessary applications and forms related to housing, benefits, childcare and school
- Keep supervisor informed of all relevant information regarding the individuals and the program
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings and contribute to supervisory case conferences and staff meetings.
- Represents Aegis at appropriate community meetings, conferences, etc.
- Ensure completion of program records in accordance with program and external regulations
- Documents individual’s progress in charts
REQUIREMENTS REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service field preferred, HSD or GED required.
- Experience in human service agency and knowledge, skills and ability to satisfy the requirements for the position.
- Solid working knowledge of trauma informed care, domestic violence and shelter services.
- Must have strong computer skills, Word and Excel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- English/Spanish speaking preferred
A reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
S:US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Company Overview: Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values: respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement. S:US is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. S:US is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals. To request reasonable accommodation or if you believe such a request was improperly handled or denied, contact the Director of Recruitment.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.