POLITICAL ECONOMY ANALYSIS
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is looking for consultant experienced in POLITICAL ECONOMY ANALYSIS to support our project based in Kuwait
WFD is delivering a project to support women’s political participation and representation in Kuwait. This six-month project is funded by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The programme will generate new insights and implementable recommendations for a more gender-responsive political sphere in Kuwait.
Purpose of the consultancy: To undertake a gender-responsive, contextualised PEA focusing on agreed priority areas that reflects interconnected power relations of politics, economic and social factors which can inform current and potential future WFD country programme.
Time Frame and Rate: Maximum of 66 working days over the duration of 3 months. Maximum rate of GBP £300 per day will be applied.
Submission of Expression of Interest:
Interested candidates (individuals or consultant teams) are invited to submit an expression
of interest comprising:
- A cover letter of not more than 2 pages stipulating how their experience, skills and competencies meet the above requirements
- One written sample of their previous work in this area
- Expected consultancy fee per day in GBP, inclusive of all relevant taxes and any
- discounts for WFD as a not-for-profit organisation
Please submit the above documents to Priya Bahia, Programme Manager MENA, OR Sophia Fernandes, Senior Adviser Political Inclusion WFD,
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the political and governance dynamics in Kuwait, including thorough knowledge of the recent and ongoing political situation and parliamentary election results;
- Have worked in Kuwait and have experience, knowledge and connections with civil society actors, organisations, institutions and understanding of political and social dynamics, particularly that around gender;
- Bring a thorough understanding of the political economy analysis (PEA) process and methodology, past experience leading a PEA or as a member of a PEA team is highly desired;
- Have excellent research, analytical and writing skills;
- Have a Master’s degree in political science, development or a related field; or demonstrable equivalent experience;
- Demonstrate professional working proficiency in English and Arabic.
Job Location Al Kuwait, Kuwait Company Industry Non-profit Organization; Economics & Financial Consulting Company Type Non-Profit Organization Job Role Research and Development Employment Type Freelancer Monthly Salary Range Unspecified Number of Vacancies 1
Career Level Senior Executive Years of Experience Min: 10
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.