Primarily the engineering, deployment and support of PostgreSQL and Oracle database.This role is part of Platform as a Service (PaaS) organization, where you are expected to spend 10-20% of
your time developing DB as a Service (DBaaS) offerings and database reliability enhancement solutions. In
addition, you will be database subject matter expert for multiple applications, manage the complete
lifecycle of databases and participate in on-call rotation for 24×7 availability of production databases. Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of DBA experience managing PostgreSQL & Oracle databases (including Oracle RAC)
- 4-5 years of DBA experience managing logical & physical replication for PostgreSQL and Oracle database
- Strong Python/Perl scripting skill and experience in tools like Ansible
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills
- Curiosity and tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
- Proficient in Oracle database fundamentals and Architecture.
- Proficient in Oracle database security management
- Proficient in Oracle DataGuard and GoldenGate replication
- Good Understanding of PostgreSQL database fundamentals and Architecture.
- Good Understanding of PostgreSQL database security management
- Good Understanding of PostgreSQL streaming and logical replication
- Should have good Troubleshooting and Performance Improvement Skills including index creation, query optimization, schema changes etc.
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Any experience developing DBaaS offerings will be a plus
- Ability to modify and integrate database and related products and develop solutions to achieve required capabilities for Persistence/DB layer.
- Experience configuring PostgreSQL monitoring using Prometheus end points, Grafana etc.
- Any contribution to PostgreSQL community will be a plus.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline and code versioning tools such as Git
Career LevelSenior ExecutiveQualificationDiploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s DegreeYears of Experience5 yearsJob TypeContractJob SpecializationsComputer/Information Technology, IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin, IT-Hardware
Softenger offers a variety of managed services in the field of Information Technology. We are committed to provide the right services to maintain and enhance your IT infrastructure, so that you can focus on achieving your business vision. Ideas are the foundation of evolution. There must be a drive to act on those ideas. Our services start with precision thinking, followed by focused approach and proficient execution. Softenger provides your business with a broad array of Enterprise system management services based on Industry-standard methodologies and practices. From system, database administration to Security Solutions and continuity of business, we deliver services that will meet your business strategies and goals.
Additional Company Information
Registration No.200305988KEA No.13C6584Company Size1001 – 2000 EmployeesAverage Processing Time29 daysIndustryHuman Resources Management / Consulting
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.