Medical Receptionist- Island Fertility
Full Job Description
Responsible for the coordination of the front reception area in regards to the professional services while ensuring the highest level of patient satisfaction and care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all necessary receptionist duties including the answering, screening and the routing of phone calls. Take appropriate messages and ensure the proper delivery of those messages.
- Greet and register each patient as they arrive
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information.
- Schedule patient appointments and obtain any necessary documentation that may be required for such appointment.
- Enters patient data into the electronic health records as well as documenting the payment into the patient’s electronic medical record at the time of service.
- Schedule ancillary services and other procedures
- Maintain patient charts and filing into EMR system
- Prepare patient charts, physician schedules, and confirm appointments one day prior to scheduled appointment
- Able to utilize all software available to assist in professional services including SPM, Cerner and Microsoft Word.
- Verify and counsel patients regarding their insurance benefits.
- Collect payments from patients.
- Obtains authorizations for ancillary tests and medical procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating and processing of all patient referrals including specialty and ancillary services.
- Utilizes a high degree of accuracy in obtaining and verifying that registration, demographic and insurance information is correct and up to date.
- Follows procedures for proper authorization and processing of all referral services.
- Supports physicians and patients in synchronizing appointments, authorizations and tests taking place in different practices.
- Communicates with patient and practice to ensure follow through with referrals.
- Ensure patient results and correspondences are reviewed by the physician(s) and appropriate follow up is performed according to the physician (s) direction
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed
- Type various letters, reports or any other correspondence
- Necessary cross training to provide coverage for the office as needed
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Candidate should have excellent computer skills and some knowledge of using an electronic medical record and various other computer application needed to perform the job.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Working and time management.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility with the ability to multi-task.
- Information gathering and monitoring.
- Imitative, Integrity, teamwork and collaboration.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.