Linux Database Administrator
Job title: Linux Database Administrator
Location: Hedge End
Salary: up to £55,000 per annum
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to joinn our clients payments software and infrastructure division of our client. Our client is bring revolutionary change to the merchant service and card payments industry delivering customer boarding, analytics, and gateway solutions to a growing list of acquiring banks, payment facilitators and independent payments businesses. The business is looking for a skilled, dedicated, and ambitious team member to support the on-going growth of the business and deliver an exceptional experience to their customers.
As the Database Administrator working in the Infrastructure Team, you will thrive on delivering scalable performant database platforms underpinning their enterprise services in a dynamic and fast-moving engineering environment.
You will play a key role in developing and improving the existing database platforms and infrastructure. This is vital work as these services now serve merchants in 16 countries with the platform currently in the process of expanding to 35. Our clients Revolution platform also manages nearly 40% of all UK merchant account applications.
You will live and breathe rdbms in a mixed public/private cloud environment, with a relentless drive to deliver ever greater performance and reliability.
You will have had exposure to and used database technologies such as MySQL, MariaDB, Galera, MongoDB, SQL, and replication in one or more public or private cloud environments. Working within the infrastructure team, you will be responsible for their database platforms and infrastructure.
Linux Database Administrator Duties:
- Be accountable for the implementation, performance, scalability and monitoring of their database platforms and infrastructure.
- Own the delivery of robust, scalable, performant database services in an agile engineering environment.
- Build effective, productive relationships with their development and infrastructure teams to ensure services can be transitioned into production in a planned, orderly and consistent manner to defined standards and key performance indicators.
- Work with the Head of Infrastructure to ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of project progress.
- Ensure problems/issues are solved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Actively work to unblock issues faced by the team during delivery.
- Understand and proactively plan software and infrastructure over a period of 3-5 years to meet both technical and business needs.
- Manage project activity and balance this with support and administration tasks.
- Monitor database efficiency and manage parameters to ensure optimum performance of their services.
- Control access permissions and privileges to the databases.
Linux Database Administrator Requirements:
- Superb interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Vision, drive and passion – someone who’s prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes and reap the rewards.
- Any knowledge of GCP, AWS, Apache, Nginx, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab, Python, Java, PHP, Galera, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis would be considered a huge plus for any potential candidate.
- Highly analytical mindset, able to debug complex database performance issues.
- Excellent Linux administration skills (Ubuntu and CentOS/RHEL are preferable).
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- Good familiarity with version control systems like Subversion/Git.
- Good knowledge of scripting in the Linux platform.
- Substantial experience working in database roles.
- Experience in migration between database versions and vendors.
- Upgrade lifecycle management.
- Capacity management planning.
- Database roadmap planning.
- A good understanding of MariaDB, MySQL, Redis, Galera and MongoDB.
- Detailed knowledge of Database clustering & replication.
- Database indexing, index management and performance tuning.
- Extensive skills in backup, restoration, performance tuning, database monitoring and security.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
>>>>> For More Jobs – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Blog for Job Seekers – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Post Job Vacancy Free – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Play Funny Quiz Online – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Play Games Online Free – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Chat and meet New Friends – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Read Today News Live – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Read Today Horoscope – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Download our Apps – Click Here <<<<<
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.
Leave a Reply