HR Scheduling Coordinator
Full Job Description
About the Position:
The HR Scheduling Coordinator will oversee a cross-functional pool of 50 Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) within a defined geographic region. in our Brookyln region. The Scheduling Coordinator will be responsible for managing the day-to-day scheduling functions of their DSPs to ensure that all staffing requirements are effectively met with cost-efficient coverage solutions. As open positions become available, the Scheduling Coordinator will canvass their pool for interested and qualified candidates in efforts to facilitate long-term conversions to Full or Part-time positions.
The ideal candidate will have prior Asst. Supervisory and/or HR experience in the field of I/DD with a systematic understanding of our industry’s complex staffing needs in 24-hour direct care settings. Job functions require strong interpersonal skills, a proven ability to multitask, negotiate and “sell” hard-to-fill shifts, and the capacity to act as an HR liaison between YAI’s staffing pool and programmatic leadership. This is a great entry-level opportunity for I/DD field workers who may be interested in transitioning into an HR position.
Must be task-oriented, solutions-driven, and able to work effectively under pressure.
Mission Statement YAI:
YAI is a network of agencies offering people with intellectual and developmental disabilities a comprehensive range of services across all ages. YAI empowers people with disabilities to reach their goals every day. Our enthusiastic staff of 4,000 professionals believes that everyone has a fundamental right to live, love, work, and learn. If you share our vision and want to help support people to live the fullest lives possible, apply to this position.
Key Responsibilities :
- Implementation and support of a centralized, cloud-based, scheduling platform
- Responding to scheduling conflicts, gaps, and vacancies both proactively and on-demand via deployment and/or reassignment of trained resources
- Flexibility to respond to calls and programmatic needs beyond regular work hours
- Converting Per Diem and Temporary Workers to permanent positions as Program openings arise
- Ensuring day-to-day coverage needs are met with a focused effort on reducing overutilization of FTEs and contracted labor
- Participating in Program Team meetings to further achieve a comprehensive understanding of our Manhattan Programs
- Reporting on progress, metrics, and status updates for ongoing initiatives
- Managing employee trainings, payroll, and evaluations
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- 3+ years prior/current HR and/or Asst. Supervisory experience in Residential services for I/DD populations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Sharepoint.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to learn/use HCM, Payroll, Recruiting, and other Workforce Management software to effectively carry out essential business processes
- Supporting other HR functions as needed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam or disabled veteran. YAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.