Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for a Hotel Director to direct all hotel operations onboard a Luxury Cruise line and to ensure company, divisional and ship performance objectives are set and achieved.
• Plan, coordinate and control the operation of the Hotel organization
• Direct the function of all Hotel personnel through the management of department heads
• Recruit, motivate, and develop staff
• Maintain effective employee relations
• Ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities within corporate standards
• Serve as the highest level of authority in answering guests’ complaints and resolving problems
• Establish and maintain effective internal communications including regular department head meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity
• Implement the business and operating budget plans to ensure on an ongoing basis optimum total guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability
• Review operating budgets and revenue reports
• Analyze established goals and objectives compared to actual results and implement recommendations to achieve projected goals
• Monitors cash management programs and purchasing practices including inventories and receivables. Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists in planning budgets for departments. Provides approval for non-standard requisitions for supplies and equipment
• Conduct regular inspections to ensure facilities are kept in optimal condition
• Ensure the security and safety of guests and shipboard employees through established emergency procedures
• Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required
• 10+ years progressive management experience in a 4 or 5-star hotel with a proven ability to manage all functions (international experience seen as advantageous)
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred
• Firm knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques and production methods.
• Knowledge of needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques
• Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
• Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
• Ability to speak, read and write English at a high level. Any other language such as Spanish, French or German, is advantageous
• Physically capable (All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Therefore, the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds is necessary)
About the Company
We get people!
Red Chair Recruitment is a boutique recruitment agency that has been born out of passion for providing personalised solutions for all your resourcing needs.
We have offices in Cork, Dublin, Kerry and London.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.