The Global Treasury Controllership (GTC) team is part of the American Express Global Controllership Organization. GTC plays a significant role in the financial reporting processes for the Company’s cash, debt and equity issuances, securities and financing transactions, investments, and derivatives aimed at managing and hedging risk exposure. Additionally, GTC provides financial instrument valuation services and performs middle office trade support functions for Global Treasury.
This analyst role is within the Global Treasury Advisory and Valuation team of GTC and is responsible for preparing reports and analyses for use by Senior Management and External/Regulatory Reporting, specifically as it relates to derivatives and hedging. The individual is also responsible for ensuring appropriate and consistent accounting across the Company’s derivative portfolio and will support key dynamic projects across the team.
- Support AXP and its subsidiaries in ongoing accounting and reporting subject-matter expertise for derivative and hedging transactions, as well as fair value measurements
- Perform analyses of market impacts on the Company’s Balance Sheet and derivative portfolios, leveraged by various stakeholders, including Senior Management
- Support Treasury transactions, including new hedging strategies, to ensure compliance with appropriate accounting and reporting guidelines as part of the transaction review process
- Build and maintain successful relationships with business partners in Treasury, External Reporting, Exposure Management, Global Accounting Policy Group, Legal and Tax
- Participate in ad hoc projects driving automation and process enhancements
- Document procedures and maintain compliance with derivative and valuation controls
- Lead periodic control testing for SOX, Internal Audit Group (IAG), and Model Governance
- Opportunities to support SEC and Regulatory Reporting, including the AOCI, Fair Value, and Derivatives & Hedging footnotes
- Additional opportunities to assist with the valuation of AXP’s Balance Sheet, including FX and interest rate swap derivative portfolios
- 1-3 years experience in Audit, Accounting, or Finance – Big 4 experience or CPA preferred
- Basic understanding of US GAAP required – knowledge of ASC 815, 820, or 830 a plus
- Possess abilities to challenge the status quo and apply a process-improvement mindset
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience in Treasury/Treasury Controllership and/or knowledge of capital markets a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
In order to work in or visit any of our offices in the United States, we require colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.