Domestic Journeyman Technician
Martin Chevrolet is looking for a skilled Journeyman Technician or what we refer to as a “bumper to bumper” technician. If you are that candidate, you will be working on all aspects of the vehicle excluding transmission and heavy line work. You should have skill in steering, suspension, drivability, diagnoses, electrical, trim and maintenance. We are an extremely busy shop, so staying busy is a constant.
Martin Chevrolet has been doing business in the South Bay for 50 years! We have been voted South Bays Best multiple years in a row. We are family owned and operated business. We believe in that our employees are the life blood of our business, and we are responsible citizens in our community. As a member of our skilled technician team, we will support you and provide you with a great working environment. We have the best service advisor team with years of experience, and who can sell work, and communicate well.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits program.
- Paid Vacation.
- Paid Training
- We pay for ASE’s
- Flexible scheduling
- Every other Saturday scheduling
- Closed Sundays
- State of the art equipment
- Major holidays paid and off
Come and join a winning team and apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $28.00 per hour and up depending on certifications and experience!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses the cause of any malfunction and perform the repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines the assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises the work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies the service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
* Understands keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Friendly and customer service focused
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time as well as work outside
- Able to drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles
- Have basic computer knowledge
- Customer Service experience is preferred
- Professional appearance is necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable
- Overtime possible and sometimes necessary.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Major Holidays OFF
- Monday through Saturday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Automotive Repair: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- ASE Certification (Preferred)
- One location
- No remote work
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
>>>>> www.apdin.com <<<<<
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.