Full Job Description
The NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) enriches the environment and protects public health for all New Yorkers by providing 1.1 billion gallons of high quality drinking water, managing wastewater and storm water, and reducing air, noise, and hazardous materials pollution. DEP is the largest combined municipal water and wastewater utility in the country, with nearly 6,000 employees. DEP’s water supply system is comprised of 19 reservoirs and 3 controlled lakes throughout the system’s 2,000 square mile watershed that extends 125 miles north and west of the City.
New York City has approximately 140,000 catch basins, 114,000 hydrants, 90,000 valves, 14 gatehouses, 3 reservoirs, 68 groundwater wells, a 100 million gallon underground storage tank and 7,000 miles each of both sanitary sewers and water mains. The responsibility of maintaining these vast networks falls under the Department of Environmental Protection’s Bureau of Water and Sewer Operations (BWSO).
The DEP’s Bureau of Water & Sewer Operations is seeking candidates for a position in the Cross Connection Control Program’s Enforcement Unit.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Researches and update information is database systems
- Utilize various databases, websites, and other online sources to determine if properties are in compliance with Chapter 20 Cross Connection Control Devices installation guidelines and Local
Law 65/96 Sewer Regulations
- Issue failure to install or failure to test backflow prevention device summonses to property owners who are not complying with program guidelines.
- Represent the DEP at the hearings associated with the previously mentioned summonses at the offices of the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH).
- Interact in person, by phone and through email with the public, judges, attorneys, expeditors, and other city employees.
- OATH hearing preparation and post hearing processing
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks as they arise using automated and manual office systems
“As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.”
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” above.
1. Must be able to work well in a team environment and with all levels of supervisory staff.
2. Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
3. Must have the ability to analyze significant amounts of information and make correct decisions based on that information.
4. Strong organizational, time management and logistical skills
5. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and successfully carry out multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
6. Must be comfortable traveling across the five NYC Boroughs using DEP vehicles or public transportation multiple times during the month.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
Appointments are subject to OMB approval.
For additional information about DEP
DEP is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the diversity of our organization and workforce. Your voluntary response to the NYCAPS on-line application section for referral information will assist us tremendously in our ability to track the success of our outreach and recruitment efforts. Please be sure to indicate your source of referral to this job.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program and also meet the education and experience requirements as listed in the job posting notice. Please indicate on your resume or cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. This position is also open to non 55-a Program candidates who meet the education and experience requirements as listed in the job posting notice.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.