Hours: This is a fulltime role with 37.50 hours per week. Flexible hours available which includes weekend shifts; to be discussed at interview (No Evenings & No Split Shifts)
Salary: £18298 per annum
Contract: Fixed term contract for 12 months
What it’s like to work here
Petworth house and park is a wonderfully innovative and dynamic property currently open to visitors 363 days a year.
We hope you will share our enthusiasm for the preservation and presentation of our internationally renowned collection. By sharing experiences with colleagues, volunteers and visitors. Helping to raise awareness of the challenges we face providing collection care.
You’ll take a proactive and positive approach to provide support to wider property teams. Assisting in the delivery of a rolling programme of events, exhibitions and informative activities. Creating an innovative diverse and inclusive environment for a sustainable future.
What you’ll be doing
As part of a Collection and House team you will deliver a high standard of day-to-day presentation and preventive conservation cleaning.
You’ll also use opportunities during operational opening for volunteer/visitor engagement to demonstrate how you maintain excellent collection care.
By monitoring environmental conditions and recording the effects of light, RH% and pest numbers. You’ll create and update collection related documentation to record wear and tear as part of our annual plan of collection care. Using NT collection management system to record collection movements, update salvage information and take measures to safeguard the collection during operational events and exhibitions.
To gain access the collection preventive conservation monitoring and cleaning often involves working at height from tower scaffold and the supervised movement of collection objects which are often large and heavy.
We’d love to hear from you if you have;
- A keen interest in history, historic properties and conservation of their collections
- A good understanding of preventive conservation
- Knowledge of the approach required when working with fragile historic collections as well as Health & Safety and emergency procedures
- Good manual dexterity and eye-to-hand skills and ability to work from ladders and tower scaffold
- The ability to support volunteers to perform at their best
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and are a great team player
- A willingness to undertake continuing professional development and personal skills development and have an enthusiasm to learn
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.