Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist
Location W10 4RS, London (Greater)
Salary NHS Band 5 equivalent (+ inner London high cost area supplement)
Hours Full time
The St Marylebone Bridge School is looking to hire a Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist to join our growing team. We require a therapist who is passionate about supporting students with a diverse range of communication needs. The role would be suited to a dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic therapist who hopes to develop their skills in a unique and supportive environment. Newly qualified therapists (or therapists soon to qualify) welcome to apply.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The St Marylebone CE Bridge School (SMBS) is a special secondary school for 11-16 year olds with speech, language and communication needs. We are a small school with 61 students. Our students have a diverse range of needs, including DLD, ASD, speech sound disorder, cleft palate, aphasia and ADHD. This makes clinical learning opportunities wide and varied.
We aim to create an environment in which our students can achieve their maximum educational and social potential so that they are prepared for adult life. Speech and Language Therapists play a core role in school life, supporting students and families directly as well as working closely with education staff to create a communication friendly and specialised learning environment.
Our school now offers a speech and language therapy outreach service which supports local primary schools. The successful applicant would be trained to be an integral part of our outreach service, meaning some working days may be spent in local primary schools. This is an exciting opportunity for a therapist wanting to develop a breadth of paediatric skills.
- Coordinate speech and language therapy for a small caseload (no more than 28 students)
- Administer appropriate assessments and use findings to inform therapeutic input
- Conduct therapy at universal, targeted and specialist levels
- Focus on whole-school, universal approaches to maximise outcomes for all students
- Deliver staff and parent training sessions
- Develop skills in outreach support, with aim of eventual delivery of outreach services to local schools
- Deliver 4 lessons a week (up to 7 students in each) focusing on a range of speech, language and communication skills
- Jointly plan and jointly deliver lesson content in collaboration with teaching staff
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and full job description are available to download from the “Vacancies” section of the school website: www.stmarylebonebridgeschool.com
Completed application forms should be emailed to: [email protected]
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
>>>>> www.apdin.com <<<<<
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.
Salary: NHS Band 5 equivalent (+ inner London high cost area supplement)