Assistant Department Manager
Position Overview To ensure a consistently memorable customer shopping experience while generating revenue and positive operating profit for the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for sales and profit performance in assigned department. Responsible for achieving shrinkage goals and for the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
- Work with Senior Management to develop and implement operating budgets and monitor performance.
- Work with Buyers and Planners to identify items and merchandise classifications of high sales and profit potential. Partner with the Visual Presentation team in regard to merchandise presentation.
- Identify potential improvements in store operations and merchandise flow to maximize the department’s performance.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of staff to maximize sales and profit performance. Coach and mentor staff to implement initiatives that support exceptional customer service standards. Includes succession planning for current and future positions.
- Directs the execution of Polo’s promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support Polo Ralph Lauren’s sales and profit objectives. Regularly visits relevant competition to maintain awareness of store performance and market trends.
- Maintains a welcoming environment that generates customer traffic and builds loyalty by exceeding customer’s expectations.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant retail management experience, preferably within the luxury retail market.
- Strong business acumen.
- Enthusiasm and ability to build and maintain an environment which projects a high level of taste and sophistication consistent with Polo’s lifestyle philosophy.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to coach and develop staff.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.