Administrative Manager/Program Manager
What you will do:
Under the very general supervision of the Director of the Institute for European Studies (IES), the Program Manager assists with strategies to advance the Institute’s mission of promoting research and teaching on Europe. Working with the Director, in consultation with the Executive Director of the Einaudi Center and compliance with applicable Einaudi Center/University policies, the administrator is responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of the Institute’s administrative, academic, financial, and HR activities. As requested by the Director or Einaudi Center leadership, the administrator will liaise with numerous units across campus and represent the program/Center on campus committees and at national meetings.
- Overall implementation and coordination of the Institute’s administrative, academic, financial, and HR activities.
- Collaborate with the Program Director and relevant faculty committees to organize fellowship and internal grant competitions.
- Assist faculty in coordinating administrative aspects of program events and community, regional, and national outreach.
- Supports key programs such as the Critical Ottoman and Post Ottoman Studies (COPOS) and collaborates with other programs sharing mutual office space to manage administrative and office operations.
- Provide administrative support for the program’s public relations and development activities.
- Oversees the update and production of program promotion literature.
- Oversee the design and maintenance of website, databases, and list serves
- Supervises non-academic staff and students.
What we need:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 5 years related academic, supervisory and/or administrative experience
- Proven desire and interest to work with faculty and students on teaching, research, and intellectual collaborations focused on Europe.
- Experience with grant writing, grant and contract management, financial management, endowed accounting, event planning, public relations, and outreach at university, local, state, and national levels.
- Experience with database management needed.
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain a collaborative and effective work environment and work effectively with individuals from various cultures and backgrounds.
Ideally, you will have:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with European or international studies and/or intercultural communication, familiarity with European history, politics, culture and contemporary issues. Facility with a European language is desirable.
- Experience with academic advising.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your submission, both should be attached in the resume section of the application.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
University Job Title: Administrator III
Job Family: Administration
Pay Rate Type: Salary
Contact Name: Brenda Joly
Number of Openings: 0
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
To learn more about Cornell’s non-union staff job titles and pay ranges, see Career Navigator . The final rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
- Prior relevant work or industry experience.
- Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
- Unique applicable skills.
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines :
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by “dragging and dropping” them into the dropbox or by using the “upload” icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.