Administrative Coordinator – Accounting Department
Full Job Description
Job ID: 23236
Location: Baruch College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Chair of the Accounting department, this position will perform office and administrative duties in support of the accounting department. The Stan Ross Department of Accounting, one of the largest departments at Baruch College, has approximately 30 fulltime faculty, a large number of adjunct faculty, and over 10 PhD students. The department serves a very large number of accounting undergraduate students, and over 400 graduate students in both the Masters in Accounting and MS in Taxation programs.
In addition to the duties outlined in the CUNY Title Overview, tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the compilation of compliance documents: Create and prepare all PAFs for faculty; Ph.D. students; and staff
- Prepare workload reports, Multiple Position Forms, and Syllabi,
- Process Travel request and Reimbursement paperwork to ensure timely transactions with other departments.
- Assist the department Chair and Deputy Chair with the collection and preparation of departmental reports
- Assist faculty Search Committees
- Maintaining current information on departmental website; maintaining departmental archives and collections
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Preferred qualifications: – Detail oriented with strong organizational, writing, proofreading, and editing skills with solid analytical, evaluative, and research skills. – Ability to work well in a time-sensitive, customer-service centered office. – Advanced skills in the use of spreadsheets, including pivot tables. – Experience working in an administrative office in an academic setting. – Experience with CUNYfirst or PeopleSoft is preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.