For one of our clients in Basel we are looking for a Laboratory manager for a one year contract:
Within Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED), Neuroscience & Rare Diseases represents a major focus area where we are committed to realizing our long-term vision of changing lives of patients with severe brain disorders. Our preclinical research and early clinical development activities center around large and rare indications within the four major pillars of neurodevelopmental disorders, movement disorders, dementias, and multiple sclerosis. With unparalleled strengths across diverse disciplines, Roche is uniquely positioned to lead in transforming science to medicines for patients with disorders of the nervous system.
To achieve our goals,pRED Neuroscience & Rare Diseases (NRD) is looking for a collaborative and inspiring contractor at the department of NRD Research in the role of a Laboratory Manager.
We are looking for an optimistic and energetic team player who can engage in positive and productive interactions with highly diverse R&D teams and partner functions. You will apply your laboratory management and operational expertise to support the Research team members becoming a critical pillar to sustain key R&D projects in organizational and resourcing matters.
• Start date: ASAP / 09.08.2021
• Latest start date: 20.09.2021
• End date: 1 year after start
• Extension: is an option
• Location: Basel
• Work load: 100%
• Remote/Home Office: No
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Placing and expediting orders for project-specific reagents and biological samples in consultation with research associates. Verifying receipt of supplies. Looking for better prices. Supporting the laboratory personnel with ARIBA and myBuy-related matters.
• Creating and organizing shared consumables stocks. Maintaining optimal stock inventory level, anticipating needed supplies.
• Safety Health and Environment (SHE): supporting our SHE and Biosafety Officers in the laboratory by helping manage regulatory compliance including institutional protocols and licenses related to biological and chemical safety, waste management, preparing workplace inspections and maintaining the general safety level.
• Managing and updating electronic inventories of lab equipment.
• Supporting lab associates responsible for certain technical equipment to organize service contracts and coordinate laboratory equipment maintenance.
• Infrastructure management: serving as a collecting point for space requests and infrastructure related issues. Helping prepare the organization for the move to the pRED Innovation Center.
• Ensuring that the laboratories are cleaned / sanitized and kept in an orderly manner in collaboration with Research Associates.
• Managing material / sample transfers with collaborating national and international research sites and external institutes.
• Working closely with team members to provide effective solutions to support research and quality objectives and implements quality assurance systems.
• Support lab heads in ensuring that lab personnel follow industry standards and safety regulations
• University Degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Medical Diagnostics, Biomedical Analysis or similar (*****)
• 3-5 years experience in managing the needs of laboratories in a biology research or laboratory environment in close collaboration with research associates and scientists (*****)
• Experience in laboratory-related regulatory compliance and laboratory safety, and the management of related databases (****)
• Good IT skills (MS Office and G-suite) (***)
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail (**)
• Flexible personality and willingness to quickly address the challenges of everyday lab life
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Very good written and verbal communication skills in English and German; French is a plus
Nice to haves:
• Team player with solution-oriented, integrative and collegial working style
• A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and ability to work independently
• Flexible within regular working hours
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.