Deposit Support Specialist
Deposit Support Specialist
Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution
(Published at 22-07-2021)
This position provides ongoing back office support to various customer service areas of the Bank related primarily to deposit products and services. Creates and analyzes various SQL business intelligence reports. Creates and supports various Word, PDF, and other digital templates.
- Provides professional, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external customers.
- Maintains a good knowledge of, and ensures compliance with, federal and state banking regulations, and follows bank policies and procedures.
- Performs the daily review and QC of data entry into the core system and supporting documentation for new accounts, closed accounts, account changes, RCIF and retirement account transaction reports. Performs related system maintenance as required.
- Provides the branches with operational support for various deposit support functions, including RCIF, consumer and business deposit accounts, IRAs and HSAs.
- Performs daily REG D monitoring including customer notifications and fee processing.
- Performs daily monitoring of dormant account transactions including any necessary follow up with branch personnel.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of IOLTA and RAHF accounts and submits monthly interest payments to the appropriate associations.
- Performs retiree insurance payment set-ups and maintenance; monitor payments monthly and provides Human Resources with any required notification.
- Completes Promontory program account set-ups, close-outs, maintenance, and QC.
- Completes QwickRate program tasks including reviewing and accepting offers and performs QC of all account openings and closings.
- Completes social security asset verifications and deposit verifications.
- Monitors and responds to B Notices, W-8BEN requirements and processes Federal and State backup withholding corrections.
- Maintains and distributes miscellaneous supply inventory for all branches.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties or special assignments as required or assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides backup coverage to Deposit Support staff as needed.
- Responds to department hunt group and helpdesk inquires.
- Prepares various mailings.
- Serves on various committees as assigned.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One to three years of teller experience, customer service in retail banking or deposit support experience or equivalent preferred.
- Operational competency using Microsoft Office suite; Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel and other Windows based applications; comfortable learning new software.
- Working knowledge of Crystal preferred.
- Working knowledge of a Teller Platform and Optima preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, customer service, time management and organizational skills with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels bank personnel.
- Solid problem solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver quality work during times of increased volumes.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Interacts harmoniously, professionally, cordially and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to travel to all Bank locations.
- Commitment to ongoing learning.
- Ability to read/see documents and computer screens, to communicate in person and via the telephone and use a computer and other office equipment.
- Is dependable and conforms to punctuality and attendance standards.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis.
- Occasionally lifting one to ten pounds; infrequently lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Extensive operation of computers and other office equipment requiring dexterity and coordination and frequent use of hands.
Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.
The Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the bank reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Bank may deem appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.